Karin Thebus, Psy.D.
Karin Thebus, Psy.D. is a Registered Psychological Assistant to Dr. Rochelle Perper, offering professional therapy services to adults, adolescents and families who are looking for results. Dr. Thebus is a results-oriented therapist who believes in making personal connections with the clients that she works with. Her primary focus is helping clients achieve ideal life experiences by better understanding themselves.
Areas of Specialization
- Dr. Thebus has extensive experience helping those struggling with addiction related concerns, either their own or a loved one. Dr. Thebus has an in-depth knowledge of substance abuse issues and a specialty in adolescent addiction
- Dr. Thebus has an intimate understanding for the military culture and mental health issues for warriors and their families. Topics of interest include addiction, trauma, family systems and easing deployment/re-entry difficulties
- Psychological testing
- Dr. Thebus believes in the power of objective evidence to enhance the therapeutic experience. Testing includes personality, learning, intelligence and vocational. Benefits of testing include learning more about oneself, how to better relate to others and approach future problems
- ADHD assessment and coaching
- Dr. Thebus offers assessment and coaching to help individuals with ADHD better understand him or herself and learn how to succeed with a different style of learning
Dr. Thebus provides services in both the Point Loma office and the Rancho Bernardo office in San Diego, California. To accommodate busy schedules, she also offers Saturday appointments.
Aetna USD Student Plan and California Victim Compensation Program
In addition, Dr. Thebus offers affordable services on a sliding fee scale.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Clinical Forensic Psychology Alliant International University: California School of Forensic Studies San Diego, CA
- Master of Forensic Science National University La Jolla, CA
- Bachelor of Science; With Honors University of Phoenix Denver, CO
- Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS) R-T1011170026
- Registered Psychological Assistant, PSB37770
For a copy of Dr. Thebus’s Curriculum Vitae, click here.
To view blog articles written by Dr. Thebus, click here.